Boston Judo fund, Inc.
45 Fells Road, Winchester, MA 01890
The Boston Judo Fund, Inc. operates for charitable and educational purposes, to conduct, support and develop amateur athletes of all ages – from grass roots to elite – for national and international competition in judo. The fund supports participation in national and international level judo camps and competition, and judo players pursuing their educational goals.
WHO WE ARE
The Boston Judo Fund is exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), and is registered at a non-profit/charitable organization with the Attorney General of Massachusetts. Donors are eligible to deduct contributions under IRC Section 170. The Boston Judo Fund is governed by a board of directors: a president; a treasurer; a clerk; and an at large director. Our By-Laws are available upon request. Please make all donations out to the Boston Judo Fund, Inc. Our address is 12 B Street, South Boston, MA 02127, you can also contribute through donate buttons on every page of this site.
WHY IS BOSTON JUDO FUND DOING THIS?
Judo is an enormously popular martial art and Olympic sport. Unlike many other countries in the world, U.S. judo players do not have adequate public support essential to develop the judo skills required to compete successfully at the international judo level. Judo players have to train and compete- successfully – at national and international events. This requires a deep commitment in spirit, time, and a substantial amount of funds.
The Boston Judo Fund, Inc., promotes youth and adult development by assisting in funding participation in national and international level judo camps and competitions, and assisting judo players pursuing their educational goals.
HELP JUDO GROW WITH YOUR TAX DEDUCTIBLE CONTRIBUTIONS!
Please support us. You can make a check payable to the Boston Judo Fund, Inc. and mail it to the Boston Judo Fund, Inc., 12 B Street, South Boston, MA 02127, or please click our donate button or contact us here.
WHAT ARE SOME ACTIVITIES THAT BOSTON JUDO FUND SUPPORTS?
Eligible funding from the Boston Judo Fund Judo can include – but not be limited to – expenses related to:
- junior and senior judo competitions that receive classification and points on the USA Judo national roster – as USA Judo may establish and revise from time to time;
- participation in judo competition, training, educational and developmental events sponsored and/or sanctioned by judo organizations recognized by the International Judo Federation;
- support for disadvantaged youth to participate in developmental judo programs;
- educational support for judo athletes;
- establishing programs and facilities to promote and develop judo educational and training programs for disadvantaged youth, and
- developing national and international judo competitors of all ages and at the grass roots level.
- Click on this link for a partial list of upcoming events http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Judo/Events
WHO CAN APPLY FOR FUNDS?
The Boston Judo Fund, Inc. is open to all qualified applicants. Please obtain our application form here.